The University has applied for outline planning permission for a new science/engineering led Campus. The Council has agreed to demolish the former Post Office Parcels Sorting Office to enable the University to build on the former Cattle Market site.
The University has announced that it will bring forward its ‘Tyndall Place Programme’. The intention is to establish a strong identity at the University’s heart by developing a pedestrian-focused high quality public space.
Update January 2018: The Civic Society is leading a partnership bid for ownership of this fire damaged church. The bid was lodged with agents acting for the Diocese in mid December and we have recently heard that we have been invited for interview on Monday 15th January.
The major Redcliff Quarter regeneration scheme stands on the opposite side of St. Thomas Street. The developer has planning permission to demolish the existing 1960s, 5-storey office building.
Around fifty Civic Society members checked-in at Aerospace Bristol. We were scheduled for a conducted tour of the recently-opened £19m aviation museum.
This post explains how Bristol Civic Society became involved in the future of Ashton Court Mansion.
The proposed office building and would contain 7 floors above a ground floor of office accommodation. A bridge will link it to next door office building, 3 Glass Wharf.
The City that Might Have Been – a talk by Eugene Byrne
On 8th November 1917 Hardy Parsons’ father was presented with his son’s posthumous Victoria Cross by King George V. Exactly 100 years later, a plaque was unveiled to honour this hero of World War I.
This day conference aims to look back at some issues that conservation areas have faced in the city over the last 50 years and look ahead to address questions for their future such as:
The Society strongly supports this regeneration development. Bristol was the first city in Britain to build an electric tram service. In 1899 the Grade II* listed Generator Building was opened to supply power to the trams.
Change Real Estate, the developer, and their architects the Nash Partnership have applied to redevelop this 0.47 ha site in Southville to deliver about 148 new homes and 2,000 sq.ms. of commercial space.