Events for the Spring and Summer 2018 include:
- Tuesday 17th April. Visit to Easton Jamia Mosque (picture on right). Limited to maximum of 20 people, an opportunity to visit the Mosque. Easton Jamia Masjid is one of the oldest and most respected places of worship for Muslims across the South West region. It has recently been refurbished.
- Wednesday 23rd May, 10am. Visit to Filton Airfield, hosted by YTL Developments. Presentations and site visit. A great opportunity to find out more about this major development project – nearly 3,000 houses, employment areas, schools, metrobus and much more. Limited to 50 people.
Tickets are £5 per person, now available on this link.
- Tuesday 5th June 7.30pm. Bristol Civic Society AGM, Redland Parish Hall.
- Tuesday 19th June (all day). Study visit to Oxford
Following the popular and enjoyable visit to Salisbury last year we are arranging a study visit to Oxford. We will travel by train and be hosted by Oxford Civic Society with opportunities for a range of guided tours and visits, details still being finalised.
- Presentation of Design Awards (date and venue to be arranged).
We have received a significant number of nominations this year – many which we were not previously aware of, a reflection of the popularity of the Design Awards.
- Tuesday 11th September. Visit to Bristol by Salisbury Civic Society
A reciprocal visit following our Salisbury trip last summer – more details nearer the date. An opportunity to host the visit and show the best of Bristol.