The Planning Applications Group responds to smaller-scale development proposals that are submitted as planning applications week by week. Although not as complex as the developments considered by Major Sites Group, they can have a significant impact on the quality of the city’s appearance.
The Group has campaigned against excessive increases in residential density, threats to listed buildings and intrusive advertising. Our comments are submitted every three weeks to Bristol City Council’s planning officers who refer to them in their reports recommending permission or refusal of development. PAG also makes representations to planning committee meetings and planning appeal inquiries when it is appropriate.
Whether dealing with new buildings, alterations or advertisements, it aims to ensure that the design does not harm the city but rather enhances locally distinctive character and fits in with the surroundings and historical context.
- meets every three weeks to review a selection of the latest planning applications. (The group is not able to review every planning application, and aims to select the most significant applications in any period.)
- submits comments that are considered when officers or councillors meet to consider the applications, and in some cases to planning appeal enquiries.
- works alongside other local planning groups.
These are the group’s recent comments on current developments:
- 6 November 2017 (PDF, 251KB) and 27 November 2017 (PDF, 406KB)
- 16 October 2017 (PDF, 389KB)
- 4 September 2017 (PDF, 435KB) and 25 September 2017 (PDF, 399KB)
- 7 August 2017 (PDF, 231KB)
- 5 June 2017 (PDF, 397KB)
- 15 May 2017 (PDF, 224KB)
- 3 April 2017 (PDF, 245KB)
- 20 February 2017 (PDF, 209KB)
- 16 January 2017 (PDF, 228KB) and 30 January 2017 (PDF, 374KB)
- 12 December 2016 (PDF, 317KB)
- 21 November 2016 (PDF, 388KB)
- 10 October 2016 (PDF, 216KB) and 31 October 2016 (PDF, 425KB).
- 5 September 2016 (PDF, 244KB) and 19 September 2016 (PDF, 191KB)
- 8 August 2016 (PDF, 418KB)
- 18 July 2016 (PDF, 262KB)
- 27 June 2016 (PDF, 214KB).
- 4 April 2016 (PDF, 363KB) and 25 April 2016 (PDF, 200KB).
- 7 March 2016 (PDF, 323KB)
- 15 February 2016 (PDF, 244KB)
- 4 January 2016 (PDF, 129KB) and 25 January 2016 (PDF, 135KB)
- 7 December 2015 (PDF, 145KB)
- 16 November 2015 (PDF, 112KB)
- 5 October 2015 (PDF, 185KB) and 16 October 2015 (PDF, 205KB)
- 3 August 2015 (PDF, 193KB)
- 1 June 2015 (PDF, 142KB) and 15 June 2015 (PDF, 98KB)
- May 2015 (PDF, 215KB)
- October 2014 (PDF, 82KB)
- November 2014 (PDF, 105KB)
- December 2014 (PDF, 136KB)
- January 2015 (PDF, 228KB)
- Issues raised in the spring and summer 2014 (PDF, 1,042KB).
New group members are always welcome. Please contact the group’s chair – see Contacts.