All Bristol Civic Society members also belong to Civic Voice, which is the national charity for the civic movement in England. Just over a pound of your annual BCS subscription goes to Civic Voice which has over 75,000 individual members coming from 290 civic societies.
Civic Voice – benefits to BCS members
- National Trust - free day pass (one day pass per member - worth up to £14) for BCS members or their family or friends. Send a SAE to Gill Roxborough, Civic Voice, 60 Duke Street, Liverpool, L1 5AA
Civic Voice – benefits to BCS as a society
- a voice lobbying and campaigning on the national policies and issues that BCS cannot change locally, as well as a higher media profile
- information bulletins, workshops, helpdesk and website
- insurance cover for civic society members provided by Lockton with improved cover at competitive premiums
- free membership of NCVO (National Council for Voluntary Organisations) providing benefits such as help and advice on funding, volunteers and a free legal information service
- access to the largest web resource dedicated to urban design and placemaking provided by the RUDI (Resource for Urban Design Information) with news, articles, policy papers and hundreds of best practice projects.